Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Futons and Football!

Well, I swear the wierdest things happen to me. For those of you who don't know, I am a huge football fan. I don't watch much of the CFL, but I sure will now!

I was looking for a cheap, hardly used futon on Kijiji for my new Montreal apartment. I found one hidden in the ads, that was exactly what I wanted, and only 100 bucks! So, I texted the post-ee.

Lucky for me, it was still available. So we chatted back and forth, I asked if he could deliver, he said he would try. During our convo, we realized that we were both from Ottawa. Deeper into the conversation, I found out that he was the punter for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Never had I heard of them, but I sure checked them out quick. We had become little kijiji friends over a few days while trying to figure out the futon situation.

Finally, it was delivery day. Mike arrived with the futon and a team mate to help carry it up my 4 flights of VERY tiring stairs. What a gentleman and friend. Great service I thought to myself. He even offered to let me pay 80, but he earned that extra 20 on the last flight of stairs.

Now, this would prove to be a great deal and I would be completely satisfied, but then, he offered to get me 2 tickets to the CFL game that night, where he was playing the Montreal Alouette. I was beside myself with excitement. I had never been to a football game since highschool, let alone a CFL game! I didn't even know what to think.

I asked my friend Kristine if she would accompany.. asked, begged.. same thing. I bribed her by offering to buy her a hot dog.


When we got to the stadium, there were swarms of fans flooding the streets and flowing into the stadium like a river. I had never seen anything like it, not even at the Scotiabank place in Ottawa where the Senators play. I was so excited.

We get our tickets at Will Call (which I found out was where players leave tickets for people) and headed inside to find our seats. We found our seats, 4 rows from, and right behind the visitors bench. I am pretty sure I drooled at least once. A real football game! this was pretty much a dream to me at this point. I kept asking Kristine if this was real.


All in all it was such a great day. Got a new futon, got 2 free tickets to the game and great seats, and I made a new football friend! (He is really cute too!!) I am looking forward to September when they return to play the Alouettes one more time!

























Until then,  I will be practicing my defense. Cheering for the other team in Montreal comes with consequences hahah


I will keep you "posted"


Toots

No comments:

Post a Comment